Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Chef Wong Wing Yuek’s ice carving

Carving is just one among Chef Wong's many talents.
Slightly more than a week ago, when I was in Shanghai Restaurant for dinner, Sous Chef Wong Wing Yuek surprised me with this beautiful ice carving of JW Marriott Hotel’s logo. My dear chef spent an entire afternoon working of this piece of art for the viewing pleasure of myself and my guest. On top of this, I was also surprised to find that Chef Wong took the trouble to carve a flower on the abalone served to us. I wonder, how many chefs out there that will go this distance for their guests and I am deeply touched. 
Delicious abalone.
Words are inadequate to describe my enormous gratitude to Chef Wong, restaurant manager, Alice Chan and the team from JW Marriott's Shanghai Restaurant for taking good care of me all these years but nevertheless, I still want to say: 感谢, 感恩

No comments:

Post a Comment