Saturday, 2 January 2016

Five years since you left us

Dear PG,

Though it have been five years since you left us for eternity on 2nd January 2011, the heartache in me is still very much of a fresh wound inflicted as if only from  yesterday. I'd wanted to this write blog to celebrate to your memory and there are many wonderful and crazy things from yesteryears that I would love to write but I find it hard to move beyond the next paragraph, much less the next chapter. At the thought of our youthful days gone by..........

I promised you not once, not twice but many times that I will not cry when I think of you and that I should be laughing instead, I hope you will forgive me for breaking the promise. I know you will, because, nobody understand me more than you do. You know that holding back my tear is one of the hardest things for me to do, just as hard as for me to change my principle of calling a spade a spade. I hope I will find my strength one day to celebrate your life, and put it all in writing instead of mourning year after year of your passing with doing nothing but crying.

You used to joke that my tear drops were too generous because they flow freely while I teased back that I drop on your behalf too because you are too stingy with them while generous with all other matters. I had wanted very much to prove to you that I can be stingy and selfish too, but alas, you know better that I just can't. 

Last but not least, I want to say an eternal thank you for being my guardian angel, a role that you have been since we first met on that fateful day on one the many corridors of University of Auckland many spring ago. Wherever up there you may be at now, I wish you happiness. Rest in peace, my dear friend. 

As always, your Little J 



                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment