Thursday, 9 October 2014

“Malaysian Politicians Say the Darndest Things”

Highly recommended! 

After posting my previous blog, “Another joke of the year from PAS”, a friend suggested that I should list down more joking and stupid remarks made by Malaysian politicians from both side of the divide which are aplenty. Out of the blue, I remembered two volumes of Amir Muhammad’s Malaysian Politicians Say the Darndest Things which was published in 2007 and 2008 respectively and I waste no time in retrieving them from my library.
These two books accompanied me for dinner. From there, one can find 202 (101 in each volume) darndest quotes that politicians from both side of the divide made. There are plenty of sexist remarks against women made by PAS leaders, and by the few notorious BN politicians too such a dear Bung Mokhtar. From these two books too, I found out that the call for Malaysians who do not like this country’s system to leave originates from Badruddin Amiruldin, UMNO General Assembly’s current Permanent Chairman, almost ten years ago.
Of all, what I love most is Abdullah’s infamous quote “Esok tak ada”(It won’t be tomorrow) when he dismissed the speculation that he will dissolve the parliament on Feb 13 2008. Well, the punishment for a leader who can’t even say the right thing is the EXIT door. Memang esok tak ada lah……….lah..lah..
These two books are indeed entertaining and Amir Muhammad should perhaps think of volume 3..4..and 5 as well as reprint of these two books because they are no longer available at bookstores.

No comments:

Post a Comment