Monday, 13 January 2014

My very first New Year resolution in life


I have to confess that I do not believe in making New Year resolutions and neither am I the kind that keeps a bucket list of things that I want to do. If I want to do something, I will do it now and the impatient me would not want to waste even a minute in seeing its result or implementation. Besides that, I am in the opinion that once a resolution is made, it is one’s duty to make sure that it is done or one might as well don’t make one at all.
However, I am going to make a New Year resolution for 2014 and I think it is still not too late to start making one now and I am telling myself that I must see it through regardless. The horror of seeing the size of my wardrobe getting bigger is sending a shiver down my spine. No, it is not about me changing my taste in clothing or the change in my shopping pattern. It is still the same – Brooks Brother’s long sleeve shirts for work, Burberry and Brooks Brothers polo T for casual wear, Mandarin collared silk jacket or Qipao for formal occasions and tailored black pants.

The wardrobe is getting bigger because I am in constant need to keep on buying or calling the tailor for larger size of shirts, pants and silk tops or sending the Mandarin collared jackets for alteration. In mid-2013, I was still doing alright with size 12 but when I went for shopping last Saturday, I need an upgrade to size 16! Size 16 is the biggest that Brooks Brothers can offer. Double shiver down my spine! 
I'll be able to wear this again with 15kg off. 
Donate them away so can keep getting new ones? No, that is not the solution. Apart from that, we all know the perils of obesity to health. 

Therefore, I am making a resolution that I am going to shed at least 15kg in 2014 and I must see through it. I’ll pick up golf and squash again, observe a strict diet regime, visit the gym frequently and more……….

1 comment:

  1. New Diet Taps into Innovative Plan to Help Dieters Lose 20 Pounds within Just 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete