Saturday, 5 October 2013

The Road Not Taken

There are many instances in life that we have to choose from one of the two roads that lay upon us and making a decision can be hard. However, I would always choose the road less traveled. It could be a very lonely road, more often than not, people will laugh at the decision, but the end result is always very rewarding. Hereby is a poem that I would like to share

The Road Not Taken    by Robert Frost ( 1874 – 1963 )

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,   
And sorry I could not travel both              
And be one traveler, long I stood            
And looked down one as far as I could  
To where it bent in the undergrowth;           

Then took the other, as just as fair,        
And having perhaps the better claim,    
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;              
Though as for that the passing there      
Had worn them really about the same,         

And both that morning equally lay          
In leaves no step had trodden black.      
Oh, I kept the first for another day!        
Yet knowing how way leads on to way, 
I doubted if I should ever come back.           

I shall be telling this with a sigh 
Somewhere ages and ages hence:          
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— 
I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment