Tuesday, 27 August 2013

A sudden thought after dinner

Little did we realize that time passed like it was just yesterday that we said Hello to each other, but alas, that was ten years ago. Penang, the then DAP HQ, 3rd January 2003; the fateful day and place that we first met. Fast forward to today, both of us had moved out of Penang to pursue our dreams.
Ironically, the paths we choose now are just so different from when you were the journalist with Sin Chew Daily and I was then a Political Researcher. Both of us are no longer in our old profession, moving on with different opportunities that came along the way. However, the things that didn’t change are that we are still in touch; to muse about life, to discuss politics, to reminisce about yesteryears and having our dinners together as frequently as we can.
After having our dinner tonight and after our conversation, I suddenly thought of this Song Dynasty Verse that I would like to share with you. I used to have this verse written and pasted on the partition of my workplace, as a reminder note. I hope you like it, my dear friend.

临江仙            苏轼者
夜饮东坡醒复醉,
归来仿佛三更。
家童鼻息已雷鸣,
敲门都不应,
倚杖听江声。
长恨此身非我有,
何时忘却营营?
夜阑风静觳纹平;
小舟从此逝,
江海寄余生!

1 comment:

  1. 这就是人生啊!虽然不至于随波逐流,但也学会随遇而安。难能可贵的是,有些人、有些事,有些价值观和理想,我们没有把它给忘记了。我也开始学习珍惜当下。

    ReplyDelete