Saturday, 25 August 2012

虞美人


虞美人
堆来枕上愁何状,

江海翻波浪。

夜长天色总难明,

寂寞披衣起坐数寒星。

晓来百念都灰尽,

剩有离人影。

一钩残月向西流,

对此不抛眼泪也无由。


This is a copy of a poem a very good friend of mine dedicate to his darling wife whom he has not heard of for days.I was asked to translate this poem knowing my ability with classical Chinese but I don't think I have the ability to do a comprehensive translation. The translation read is more or less like this:


On top of my pillow is full of sorrow for my love of you that I miss you, akin to a sea or surging billows. As night is long and dawn is slow to come, I think of you in my mind. The stars being the witness, how can I leave you far behind? The waning moon floats in the western spheres, at the sight of this, how can I not cry?
 So touching !!

No comments:

Post a Comment