Friday, 6 July 2012

Lim Guan Eng has affairs with his female staff?


I have heard of the name Lim Kit Siang and Lim Guan Eng since my childhood days because I started to read newspapers since I was 8 and attended many political ceremah since then. My first time seeing Kit Siang and Guan Eng in person was in 1990 when they came to my hometown to give talk during the 1990 General Elections.

The highlight of the town was the 1997 Teluk Intan by elections when the incumbent from Gerakan YB Ong Tin Kim died of cancer and M. Kulasegaran won the by-elections.  It was carnival like atmosphere in town with many big wigs coming and going. Because my parents run a petrol station, I get to see many of these VIPs pump their petrol at our station, including Koh Tsu Koon. Kit Siang's favourite restaurant in town is Hoover where he enjoys the fried rice.

I admired their Kit Siang and Guan Eng’s oration skills and there is a little wish in me that one day I will be like them – standing on stage to talk about issues affecting the people. The days when I was standing on stage for school and university debates as well as for political talk was history, now it is more of me arguing and debating my cases in the court.

I come to know Kit Siang and Guan Eng closely when I joined DAP. So when I read in the newspapers these few days about rumors of Guan Eng has an affair with a female staff in his office, I laughed out loud. I swear in the name of God that Guan Eng is no such person that he will have extra marital with another woman. If I heard of anyone having any affairs, Guan Eng will come last on the list of people that I will think of.

My first reaction when I read the newspapers about this incident is “Does Datuk Gan Tian Loo knows what he is talking about?” You can accuse him of anything but implying that he has affairs with a female staff is of no logic. To link him with extra marital affairs is the job of someone with low mentality or someone without political sense at all. This whole incident will just backfired back on BN, especially MCA.  

If you want to smear his name and reputation, think of something better. Don’t use this outdated tactic. It has been used so many times against politicians from both side of the divide. Guan Eng has come this far to his current position, and even by logic, just in case you do not know him personally, he will not do something like this to kiss goodbye to his political career.

His love with Betty Chew was built on solid foundation and true love. I have read an interview with her sometimes back on which she said, during their dating, she knew Guan Eng is dedicated to public service but she still choose to marry him. She has been there for him during his downs and Guan Eng is not a person that will not reciprocate.

He had been to jail, detained under ISA and faced many more obstacles during his political career. He was disqualified as an accountant and when he was not allowed to be elected to office, perhaps many people does not know that he sell insurance to keep his family going. I can still remember it was AETNA, now ING insurance.

I am writing all these not to say that I am pro DAP now and I am defending Lim Guan Eng but I am defending the TRUTH.

No comments:

Post a Comment