Wednesday, 18 July 2012

In memory of Dr. Stephen Covey


Dr. Stephen Covey, 1932-2012, is my favorite author and a great motivator.  I am also the proud owner of all his books, 20 in all. His latest is The 3rd Alternative, Solving Life’s Most Difficult Problems, published in 2011. His magnum opus is The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People which had sold more 25 million copies worldwide. My other favorites are First Things First and The Leader in Me. My best friend, Jessica and some colleagues in office are also a big fan of his writings and talks.

I had the honor to meet Dr. Covey in person when he was invited to give a full day workshop for all the staffs of the organization that I am working with. He was an inspirer and great motivator. Most people came out from the talk a changed person or some even change after reading his books. When one’s mood is down, one just has to flip the pages of his books, especially the 7 Habits book to be inspired again. Dr. Covey is also kind to provide great quotations by heroes in history in his book.

I was very sad when I read that Dr. Covey passed away on Monday 16 July 2012 due to brain hemorrhage from a bicycle accident in April. We will not only miss him but his new book that I always look forward to see in the shelves. You are a giant among men, Dr. Covey. You will be remembered in the memory of many. You also deserved a place in history.
Rest in peace, Dr. Covey and a salute from me to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment