Sunday, 29 January 2012

War against vandalism by money lenders (loan sharks)

Can you see anything except numbers ? This picture is taken at Kota Damansara, circa January 2012.  
I had travelled quite a fair bit around peninsular Malaysia after coming back from Melbourne three weeks ago. I have been up north and south plus travel back to my hometown. And I noticed something that is of terrible eyesore and this happened everywhere around Malaysia with the worse being in Klang Valley.
I have to make it clear that I am not against those who are in money lending business as long they are legal but I am against the way they (some of them are legal while majority are illegal money lenders) advertise their business which is considered vandalism against public and private properties.
You can see the stickers bearing their service and mobile numbers everywhere. The main targets were lampposts, traffic lights, sign boards, road signs, notice boards set up by municipal councils and many more. Some went off board even to stick it on private properties especially the grills of shops. Even the trees are not spared.
Money from tree. This picture is taken at Persiaran Surian, Petaling Jaya, circa January 2012.

Those with higher budget will put up banners on trees and lamp posts. And I even a row of their advertisement the size of a poster along the monorail pillars along Jalan Tun Razak. I am wondering why the authority is not taking action against them?
We want to be a top tourist destination and imagine what will tourist think when they see all these? If nothing is being done to stop this problem, then we are no different compare to other backward countries. Well, I don’t even remember seeing something like this when I toured African nations and our poorer Southeast Asian neighbours. If you see even one sticker like this in Singapore, then I will say you are having illusion.

Having pointed out the problem, I would like to suggest that the government set up a special task force to stop this problem. The government should assign personnel to list down the mobile numbers listed on the banners, stickers and posters and then ban the numbers immediately and also ban the people who own the numbers from registering a new mobile number in future. On top of that, government should also impose a hefty fine to the owners of the mobile numbers listed as they had committed vandalism and the money should be used to clean up the damage they had done by their stickers, banners and posters.
Local councils should also change the road signs and sign boards damaged by the stickers. Have anyone ever counted the amount of damage they have done to road signs and signboards put up by local councils in monetary terms? In Selangor where Pakatan Rakyat rules, the damage is the worst and there were no initiatives at all by their local councils to replace the damaged road signs and sign boards full of stickers by money lenders and also to remove the banners from the trees and lampposts. They lied that when BN were in power, BN did not do anything to the people. It is them who are not doing anything.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com)Thank you


    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete